Help for Retirees
I need a PennKey
Step 1: Get a Setup Code - You have several options:
- Pick up a Setup Code in-person at a PennKey Administration Station.
- You can ask for a Setup Code when you pick up your PennCard.
- If you are away from campus, you can request that a Setup Code be sent via postal mail to your address of record by using the PennKey Setup Code Service.
Step 2: Use the Setup Code to create your PennKey username and password. Log in to the PennKey registration application with your Setup Code and follow the prompts.
I forgot my PennKey username/password
Log in to the Forgot My PennKey Username application to retrieve your PennKey username.
If you forgot your password, you must reset it yourself using one of the methods described here. No one can retrieve your password or reset it for you.
- If you previously enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, use Reset PennKey Password to reset your password.
- If you're not enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, you must obtain a new Setup Code to reset your PennKey password. For security reasons, Setup Codes will not be sent by email or given out over the phone.
- ON-CAMPUS: Visit the correct PennKey administration station with the necessary photo IDs.
- OFF-CAMPUS: Request a setup code using the Setup Code Service. It will be sent to your address of record via postal mail. For security reasons, Setup Codes will not be sent by email or given out over the phone.
TIP: When you reset your password, consider enrolling in the PennKey Recovery Service in order to easily reset a forgotten password online.
My PennKey doesn't work!
Test your PennKey with the Test My PennKey application.
If you can successfully log into the test application:
- Your PennKey username and password are correct and working. You likely lack the necessary authorization to access a PennKey-protected online resource. Contact the owner of that resource for assistance.
If the Test My PennKey application confirms it is not working:
- If you don't know your PennKey username, retrieve it using Forgot My PennKey Username.
- If you forgot your PennKey password and previously enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, use Reset PennKey Password to reset your password.
Where's my PennKey Setup Code?
- If you ordered a PennKey Setup Code, use the Setup Code Service to check the status of your request.
- If you believe you should have already received your Setup Code, contact the PennKey Support Team.
- If your mailing address needs to be correct within Penn's systems, please contact the Penn Employee Solution Center.
How else can I protect my PennKey?
Add a second layer of protection in addition to your PennKey password by enrolling in Two-Step Verification. Anyone can enroll, while all active Penn faculty, staff, and students are required to do so. Learn more and enroll in Two-Step Verification to protect your data as well as Penn's data.