Help for Guests
I need a PennKey
A sponsored guest is an individual who has an official business need for a PennKey, and is not a Penn faculty, staff, student or UPHS (University of Pennsylvania Health System) employee. Guests must be sponsored by an authorized individual in your Penn department.
If you are a guest who needs a PennKey, contact the department that is sponsoring your visit to Penn.
For more information about sponsoring a guest, see How to Sponsor a Guest.
I forgot my PennKey username/password
If you can't remember your PennKey username, log in to the Forgot My PennKey Username application to retrieve it.
If you forgot your password, you must reset it yourself using one of the methods described here. No one can retrieve your password or reset it for you.
- If you previously enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, use Reset PennKey Password to reset your password.
- If you're not enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, you must obtain a new Setup Code to reset your PennKey password. For security reasons, Setup Codes will not be sent by email or given out over the phone.
- ON-CAMPUS: Visit the correct PennKey administration station with the necessary photo IDs.
- OFF-CAMPUS: Request a setup code using the Setup Code Service. It will be sent to your address of record via postal mail. For security reasons, Setup Codes will not be sent by email or given out over the phone.
TIP: When you reset your password, consider enrolling in the PennKey Recovery Service in order to easily reset a forgotten password online.
My PennKey doesn't work!
Test your PennKey with the Test My PennKey application.
If you can successfully log into the test application:
- Your PennKey username and password are correct and working. You likely lack the necessary authorization to access a PennKey-protected online resource. Contact the owner of that resource for assistance.
If the Test My PennKey application confirms it is not working:
- If you don't know your PennKey username, retrieve it using Forgot My PennKey Username.
- If you forgot your PennKey password and previously enrolled in the PennKey Recovery Service, use Reset PennKey Password to reset your password.
Where's my PennKey Setup Code?
Check with your sponsoring department at Penn to find out the status of your PennKey Setup Code.
How else can I protect my PennKey?
Add a second layer of protection in addition to your PennKey password by enrolling in Two-Step Verification. Anyone can enroll, while all active Penn faculty, staff, and students are required to do so. Learn more and enroll in Two-Step Verification to protect your data as well as Penn's data.